Plastics & Packaging News
View all Suppliers
Find Plastic Product Manufacturers & Suppliers by Category
View All Suppliers Plastic Packaging Manufacturers and Suppliers by Category
View all Plastic Processors Plastics Processors & Mould Makers by Category
View all Machine Suppliers
Plastic Processing Machines
View all Ancillary Suppliers
View all Equipment Suppliers
View all Material Suppliers Plastic Material Suppliers by Category
View all Suppliers Industrial Parts and Spares Suppliers by Category
Tools & Supplies
Plastics Materials Info
Overview Plastics Information
Perspex South Africa has had a busy few months in the architectural/design field. We have supplied our brand of Polygal Multiwall Polycarbonate into several exciting awning, glazing and cladding projects around the country.
This material offers the most advanced thermal properties of any translucent material available, including speciality thermal glass. The following projects have been completed as illustrated in the images:
- Outsurance Building in Pretoria: Various bright 8mm Polygal coloured sheets were used to create a stunning creche at the insurance giants head office.
- War Museum Awning: Opal/Ice 10mm Polygal sheeting was used to give a modern look to this historical museum in central Johannesburg.
- Umnini Community Centre: 10mm Clear Polygal sheeting was chosen as the glazing material of choice for this 1000 sqm project in KZN, based on the superior U Values this material offered versus glass, not to mention the cost saving!
- Sphere Construction: A modern residential project built to strict Green Building Standards on a rooftop in Durban utilised 10mm Primalite from Polygal because of the U Value as well as the special heat reflection layer to allow as much natural light into the residence without the associated heat implications.
- University of Potchefstroom: The student canteen skylight cladding used 10mm clear Polygal to maximise the natural light while protecting the students from both the elements, as well as the heat.
There are several exciting projects in the pipeline for Perspex SA and Polygal, and the growing trend towards thermally efficient materials such as multiwall polycarbonate due to the new SANS building regulations should see the applications for this product grow significantly in the future. Perspex South Africa is committed to stocking and supplying this material and also offers the full range of connection systems and fixing accessories to complement the sheet itself.